Where to find a post lamp pole cap + light socket?

We have a post light in the front yard that looks something like this:

At Christmas each year, I replace the regular light with a Santa light, which fits nicely inside the housing.

This year, I wanted to replace the whole light fixture with a large jack-o-lantern cut from one of those artificial pumpkins. But in order to make that work, I need to remove the whole assembly, take it apart, and rewire the light socket to the cap. This is a tedious process that will surely involve losing small screws and nuts and multiple trips to the hardware store.

It occurred to me that the whole process would be so much simpler if I could find another cap and light socket. Then I could make a whole separate assembly.

I have been unable to find a source for the cap that will fit over the

3" pole. I called several online yard lamp stores. They only sell the whole assembly.

Any ideas where I can get a cap for a 3" pole with a threaded hole for a light socket?

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy

It's almost too late, but just take the large plastic pumpkin, cut the bottom out and stick it over the light

Reply to
hrhofmann

I always put out a "Beware of Dog" sign.

Reply to
Metspitzer

If the post diameter is 3.5" (or a little less) you might consider using a 3" PVC pipe cap. Drill hole for socket support.

or

Retired

New Jersey, maybe.

Reply to
micky

That's a great idea. The post is 3" OD, but they must make a fitting to mate two 3" pipes. I'll check the local hardware store.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy