Replacing a door knob

The subject of this thread prompted me to "show off" what I did a dozen years ago....I did just that, I replaced about 40 "modern" doorknobs in our colonial style home with antique cast brass knobs I bought on eBay.

I think they look much sexier than smooth brass knobs, don't you?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Nice job and nice pictures.

I can see people getting mad at you for altering the knobs. There are purists of all sorts out there. In fact, when I retrofit an old item to work in the modern world I sometimes feel a little guilty as I'm making the changes. However, once it's together and looking and working good, the guilt goes away quickly.

Reply to
DerbyDad03