Replacement blades for stanley 12-101

I am having no luck finding blades for the stanley plane trimmer 12-101.

Can they be sharpened?

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
AK

Yes. You can also find blades at antique stores and flea markets, or buy a new one for around $12.00.

Or you can have Ron Hock make one for you.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

The way I see it - if you can't find replacement blades you have 3 choices : 1. try sharpening it 2. buy a new plane

3. buy a new plane
John T.

Reply to
hubops

A complete replacement is about $13 if I'm looking at this right.

OR <tinyurl.com/ywb6avn6 >

Lowes has the Craftsman version for $10.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

The Stanley seems to be out-of-stock everywhere in Canada < ? >

" Footprint " brand at Home Depot in Canada - $ 15. Canuck-Bucks.

Be sure to scroll down to the in-depth review :-) < by Arlen's clone ? >

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Sure.

A jig like that helps, but it also costs more than the plane. There are a number of DIY jigs on the net but this is about as simple as it gets:

If you have a piece of window glass or something else that's fairly flat for a backing you can use sheets of wet/dry

Reply to
rbowman

Thanks for all the good ideas.

I think I will go with the sharpening jig since it is adjustable and I may buy a larger planer in the future.

Andy

Reply to
AK