Removing water ring on varnished furniture

Does anyone have a method that they have actually successfully used to remove a water ring from a dining room server with a varnished surface. I want to try it after I am sure the surface has fully dried out. It is a fairly faint ring, but I would like to get rid of it as the furniture was a wedding present 50 years ago.

Reply to
hrhofmann

RicodJour

Dab the ring with mayonnaise/paper towel - lightly. Let it set awhile.

Mayo will pull/put moisture in/out of the ring . YMMV!

Reply to
Oren

Do nothing.

The water is still under the varnish. It will eventually evaporate.

Thomas.

Reply to
Thomas

Excellent advice. Next time you feel like posting, follow it. =3D:O

RicodJour

I rubbed the area lightly with low-fat mayonaisse (sp?) and it disappeared. DId this 24 hours ago and it hasn't reappeared. Thanx to everyone for their suggestions.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Actually, it is good advice. I have had rings appear on table because of heat, and have done nothing, only to have them disappear over time.

Reply to
celticsoc