removing concrete board

I have a small foyer with exposed concrete board. the previous owner had left it exposed, and apparently had a litter box there, so the concrete board now smells of cat urine.

My question is how to remove the concrete board. (It's been mortared into place.)

thanks, Homi

Reply to
gd226

Over a slab? Shouldn't have even been used for that application. Use a flat bar. Over a wood subfloor? With nails or screws too? Screws you may be able ot back out. Nails you can pull. Again a flat bar.

Won't be an easy chore either way.

Reply to
G Henslee

It looks like over a slab, but I haven't really begun to chip at it yet.

if it is a slab, will the cat urine odor have affected that too?

Reply to
gd226

If I understand correctly, this board was set in morter horizontally on a concrete slab? Either way, I'd go at it with a chisel and hammer. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

I wouldn't trust it thinsetted down to the slab. It's not designed for that application. It may fail, and sadly -after- you have the finish flooring installed over it.

There may some affect to the slab but I doubt it's much. Clean it with bleach or other products made for the issue.

Reply to
G Henslee