Remove brown toilet stains/deposits

We cleaned a stained toilet bowl with a pumice stick

now only need regular liquid cleaner and a brush occasionally.

Reply to
Anonymous

Regardless of your sarcasm and smiley, he's right. You yourself just said it applied to sulfuric acid, the acid in a car battery.

If he pours the acid straight in the toilet, he does it right, but as we discussed in the 3-step chain of negligence**, he might mix water into the acid in a separate container, who knows why, and plan to pour that in the toilet.

**Shooting and killing a photographer while making a movie; drinking bleach found in a milk carton.
Reply to
micky

The acid in the car battery is deluted enough it does not matter.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Yup, the right answer. That is pretty much true of any acid the homeowner will ever see. It does make sense in a lab where you are using reagent grade acid and test tubes. (Volcano, right in your face)

Reply to
gfretwell

Google says battery acid is 15 to 35 percent sulfuric acid. It is that initial heat of hydration of concentrated acid that makes it hazardous. Even concentrated sulfuric contains almost 2 percent water. We had to work with 100% which is made by adding oleum to concentrated acid to get rid of excess water.

Reply to
invalid unparseable