Refrigerator door pops when opening and closing

Hi all,

I have a 9 month old Kenmore side by side refrigerator. The fridge door recently started making a loud (expensive sounding) pop when I open it and again when I close it. Sounds like it is coming from the lower hinge.

I'm afraid I damaged the hinge with too great a load on the door. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
inbox13

Can't address that specific brand, but all the lower hinges I have seen have a "cam action" bushing and yes that is what happens when it breaks and yes that is what causes it.

Contrary to what they show in the pictures, those hinges are not designed to carry the load you can place on them. Just a lot of consumer advertising going on in those pictures.

Reply to
Colbyt