`red-lining

You don't appear to have it at all.

Techniques are the same, just way more critical with a fully loaded truck.

You appear to be somewhat clueless.

Only one thing I can say in response to that - BULLSHIT!

You are just trying to confuse the situation.

Reply to
Xeno

You are pathetic.

Nope.

They aren't critical on a descent which isn't signed as a steep descent with a modern medium SUV.

You don't have a f****ng clue.

You are pathetic.

You have never had a f****ng clue.

Reply to
Jacob Jones

For surface discoloration use a chrome polish. Steel wool will leave micro scratches and hence rust faster.

Where the chrome is broken or blistered, sand back to clean metal, acid wash, primer and chrome spray paint (I assume you don't want to have them stripped polished and re plated)

Reply to
AMuzi

Only a fool with a death wish drives unfamilliar roads at speeds beyond what he KNOWS he can handle unless he has a good "route card" with decents and turns clearly marked. When I was rallye driving I had a navigator and detailed route notes and I still got perilously close to "stuffing it" a few times - usually after having just missed an instruction. "What the hell??? straight through at a "T" intersection??" I don't push the boundaries of either myself or my vehicle - and I've towed travel trailer across North America behind an aerostar - through the mountains - as well asacross Zambia and Burkina Faso where road sighs were next to non existant - and in europe where I couldn't READ the road signs (and my GPS crapped out the first day )- - - - If you can't see what is ahead of you you drive at a speed you can stop from if the road dissappears RIGHT where your vision stops - - --

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Nah, not re-plated on an old beater. Both are common 4 door sedans from the 60's/70's or beat up pick up trucks, original and worn, shot suspension, etc. Could be restored, but an unlikely candidate, and I don't have the money. It's just fun to drive around town. People always honk and wave now when you roll down the road in a 60's car.

Reply to
Michael Trew

You don't need a route card, all you need is to observe the road and drive conservatively.

Different situation entirely.

Doesn't happen when you drive conservatively.

Nothing like where micky is driving.

Don't need to with graphic road signs.

(and my GPS crapped out the first day

What I called driving conservatively.

Reply to
Jacob Jones

You've got that right! and girls ? classic convertibles

Reply to
AMuzi

Sorry t his took so long, expecially since I offered detail. P&M

It was just having a two '50 Olds. He was 35 or almost 40 iirc and he said he would drive around the U. of Chicago campus and impress the girls, or he hoped he did. Sure, some were interested in an old car but I don't think they were attracted to him because of his car.

I don't know where he actually lived but he owned a townhouse on the west side of Chicago which I visited once. The first floor had a big room, maybe living and dinning rooms with the wall removed, and it was full of boxes of electronics parts and probably other stuff that he bought at auctions, I think, There was little furniture, only these boxes of stuff and he was so happy to give me some of it, anything I could remotely use. He might have lived upstairs come to think of it but he implied he didnt'.

He kept his extra car there, in the back, and now he had 3 '50 or '51 Olds, one of them a fastback.

Reply to
micky

You are sounding remarkably like a recreation of Rod Speed

Reply to
Xeno