Recommendation for Dandelion-Specific Killer?

This year I used Roundup and, of course, left a 3-6" brown spot for each plant killed.
Does anybody have a recommendation for something more dandelion-specific as a spot-application killer?
--
Pete Cresswell

Don't use a general herbicide that kills everything, use one for broad leaf plants such as 2-4D
On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 9:27:28 AM UTC-4, dadiOH wrote:

+1
There are plenty of choices, what he needs is a broadleaf weed killer for turf. Weed-B-Gone is one popular example. Dandelions are easy to kill.
On 5/23/2018 6:39 AM, trader_4 wrote:

+1 for weed-b-gone. For more stubborn plants, I use Roundup mixed with a little bit of detergent. Paint it on with a small paint brush. Kills the target without killing everything in the vicinity. Watch out for plants connected by a root system. I painted roundup on some crab grass leaves. The yard looked like a road map of Texas

Get a good turf grass selective herbicide like Trillion (if it is legal in your area) wink wink.

Many years ago, when our little children and their friends could be found rolling and romping on the lawn all summer - I found the perfect cure for lawn weeds - especially dandilions ! I trained myself to refer to them as " pretty yellow lawn flowers " .. and they no longer bothered me at all ! Try it. John T.
On 05/23/2018 08:11 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I don't kill harmless, colorful wildflowers.

Weed-B-Gones active ingredent is 2-4D
On 5/23/2018 12:20 PM, ChairMan wrote:

Any thing with 2-4-D will work. I spray from a tank but for occasional spot use I use a spray bottle from the dollar store.