Battery powered sprayer

I need a battery powered sprayer for the weeds in my looong driveway. I`m 82 years old with arthritis and it is difficult to pump up regular sprayer. Any suggestions? Herb

Reply to
herbwhite59

Would a backpack sprayer be too clumsy? Fill it part way, maybe? The second one is battery powered. The pump versions use the big handle to run the pump.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I had never heard of them but googled this up:

I have a premixed gallon of Roundup with a hand squeezer sprayer, if you can still use your hands. My wife found it in a shopping cart at the store parking lot with no identification and I've been using it for the last few years.

Reply to
Frank

Per snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

I am on my third season with this thing:

Add twenty bucks if you do not already have a Ryobi battery and a charger.

The spray adjustment is not what I would call wonderful, but it does the job for me.

Huge improvement over a hand-operated sprayer.

My only gripe is that, once inserted, the battery is kind of hard to remove - but that might just be individual product variation because the little lips holding it in place are plastic.

This year I did the dandelions with RoundUp and that was a mistake - left a

3-6" brown spot for each plant killed.

Next year, I will try something more dandelion-specific like Weed-and-Feed.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

I have one of these that I put on my Golf Cart and run around the yard with. They also make one for another $100 or so on a trailer you tow behind a lawn tractor.

gfretwell

I can't remember the brand but one year I bought a gallon of weed killer and the handle has two AA cells that powered the pump. It wasn't significantly more expensive than the gallons with a hand pump but it might be expensive if you're talking a lot of weed killer mixed from a gallon of concentrate.

Reply to
rbowman

Are you using the stuff that keeps weeds from growing for months? Roundup (glyphosate) is great for killing weeds, but it doesn't stop new ones from germinating, so you have to spray every few weeks. With one that prevents germination you can go several months.

Reply to
trader_4

Rather curious that most mornings, there is a single post, made through the Google Groups interface, utilizing the same writing style, from a different name, asking inane questions.

Nymshifter, Uncle Monster, is that you? Feeling lonely?

Reply to
None