Re: Stained linoleum floor

I have the same problem and would love to know what to do about it.

Reply to
grandmaarlene

Bleach?

Reply to
trader_4

Dye probably migrated from the mat to the floor. Bleach might take it out but otherwise it would probably not wash off. I'd dilute the bleach and let it puddle up on the stain to give it time to work. Sun might continue to fade it away. Better wash the mat before putting it down to get out the excess dye.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I'd guess some kind of plasticizer in the mat material or rubberized backing is reacting with the flooring.

Reply to
Bob F