re-grouting

Some of the grout in our shower is moldy and must be removed. I am using a Dremel tool to do this. My question is re-grouting. The tiles are 4" and the grout lines in between each tile are very thin about 1/8". What is the procedure for regrouting without making a mess of the tiles? As recommended, we have purchased non-sanded grout. Thanks Liz

Reply to
b13171

the same as the original grouting. apply with rubber float, remove from face of tile with damp sponge, buff when dry.

Reply to
charlie

Women might use a piping bag, I really don't know. Myself, I make a mess and clean the tile as I grout.

-- Oren

"equal opportunity, not equal results"

Reply to
Oren

Liz,

If the surface of the tile is smooth without voids the I would use a grout float and a grout sponge (a sponge with very small cell openings) and grout following the directions on the box. It is really not that messy of a job. Just make sure to get all the excess grout off the surface of the tile with the sponge (rinse often, wipe at a 45 degree angle to the grout line) before it drys. Done properly, any remaining grout haze can be buff out with a white scotch pad. If the tile surface has pits or voids the try a grout bag (same as a pastry bag).

Reply to
noname87

Thanks. Since the tile surfaces seem smooth, I don't think it will be too bad a job...

Reply to
b13171