Best Cement-Based Product for Holes in Cinder Block Foundation

The cinder block foundation on my summer home is eroded in the vicinity of a downspout. There are holes which need to be patched, and it is necessary to get a smooth vertical surface (for finishing) over some areas that are several inches in diameter and recessed by about 1". What is the best product to use, sand mix or mortar? I would like to use sand mix for strength, but because mortar sticks better I would think it would be more suitable for building a finished vertical surface. So I defer to the experts! Thanks very much for your help! Frank

Reply to
frank1492

sonofabitchsky

If you are planning on touching up all exposed foundation, you might want to consider EIFS.

Parex makes a dry powder base coat that will fill and bond to your block foundation. You could skim where necessary and finish with textured or elastomeric finish.

DanG