Gypcrete

Are there alternatives to Gypcrete brand poured floor?
What might they be?
I am working on a 20x24 cabin and wish to pour it myself. Has anyone done this as DIY?

I'm no concrete guy at all but you want to mix & pour like 18 cu yds of concrete?!!!! More if over 4" thick. Rebar? Cell phone to call 911?
How are you getting all this mix to the site is my curiosity.
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 19:58:06 -0500, Al Bundy wrote:

18 cu yds? The area is 480 sq ft and the pour is 1-1/2". Gypcrete is lighter than concrete. I calculated 2 cu yds of material max. Quote for job is $1600 minimum. Just looking for way to cover radiant floor tubing.
There must be alternative product out there, I just don't know what it is.

I'm shooting from the hip here, and throwing out some ideas. You could try calling your local redi mix plant and see if they have lightweight concrete. Also regular concrete could be used, if your floor structure can support the weight. Depends on your ambition and skill level too...1600 doesn't sound that bad really.

Had no idea how thick Gypcrete is poured. Even at my 4" it would have been only 6 cu yd.
    <Note to self: divide by 27 for volume, not 9, duhhh

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=self-leveling+lightweight+concrete
If you do it yourself it's pretty much guaranteed you won't get the single smooth surface that you would if you had it pumped in. It's a fair bit of work and the materials aren't that cheap. The sixteen hundred you mentioned doesn't sound that steep, but I guess it's more a question of what you had allowed for the radiant covering.
You don't tell what type of radiant floor you are covering.
If it has to do with ceramic tile, this is the absolute best site on the internet http://www.johnbridge.com /
I didn't look very hard because I don't know what you need, but here is radiant story from that site: <http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t6020
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 18:55:59 -0500, DanG wrote:

It's going to be radiant tubing with ceramic tiles. Thanks for site.