Recently I tore up the kitchen floor (vinyl) due to the fact that some
of the underlayment was buckeling by the sink (Seems the previous owner
had a water issue and didn't tear it up). So I sprayed the plywood
underneath with a bleach water solution and let it set for a day or so,
and it seems ok now (going to re-tile soon).
As we were tearing the rest of the kitchen floor up I discovered that
there seems to be some mildew that's been under various sections of the
Now, probably the best thing to do would be replace the plywood, but I
don't really have the time, energy, or money to get that in depth.
What are people's thoughts on scraping the mildew off, spraying down the
floor with a bleach solution and letting it sit for a few days to kill/dry?