Re: Do Gun Suppressors Really Silence 'The Sound Of Gunshots'?

>>>While it is possible to retrofit a silencer to an existing gun, most >>>of them are designed as a package. Thus, the reason we "need" >>>silencers is simply to sell more guns. >> >>Not true at all. They will sell you a threaded barrel pretty cheap and >>if the barrel is fixed, a gunsmith can thread it. If you are talking >>about ,22 RF the suppressor could friction fit over the barrel with no >>modification at all. > >I would not think about messing with my guns. Revolver would look >ugly, shotguns already have threads for chokes.

Suppressors really don't work that well on revolvers anyway. Too much gas gets out between the cylinder and the barrel. A Dan Wesson with an adjustment there is better than most tho.

Reply to
gfretwell

You just need a Nagant M1895 :)

Reply to
rbowman

They also throw off the balance with the long extension of the barrel. I don't use them, but friends that do say you almost have to start over from scratch in learning how to shoot 'em.

Reply to
Kurt V. Ullman

You can't silence a revolver (noise comes out between barrel and cylinder). You can silence an auto, or a closed-breach rifle but it would have to be a sub-sonic bullet. Go with a heavy, large caliber slow moving bullet in a rifle. Happy Bouffant hunting. Save the brains for me. I'm on a diet. []'s

Reply to
Shadow