Re: BBQ propane for fireplace?

Yes, I just did and the 20# BBQ tank works fine. I don't yet know how long the tank will last.

Reply to
mcgintyboy

Hello.

We had our large tank taken away to remove 2 trees and level out side of yard. Fixer upper so we are doing a ton of work. Tried to bring new tank back in 2 years later to learn tank placement cant be done due to basement window wells and AC & Radon which are electric which is code. I get all that. I saw this forum and decided to try 20 lb tank to see if we really used and liked fireplace before spending big bucks putting tank elsewhere and burring a line. I got home depot regulator and fittings. Regulator cuts out when i open valve on tank. very strange. about 20 feet of line so I tried to very slightly open to fill line which might act like a leak/open burner. When I open more it still closes valve. I did swap for new regulator thinking it was faulty.

I hate to run it without regulator. Any reccomendations. Couple youtube clips with this same set up.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Dammeyer

which might act like a leak/open burner. When I open more it still closes valve. I did swap for new regulator thinking it was faulty.

I had a friend that told me that on some of the newer tanks there ia an internal valve on the tank that will stop the gas flow if it is too much. Guess it would be like a line being broken. He had some problems similsr to yours when he opened the valve of the tank going to his generator too fast.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Are you sure it is the regulator? Newer propane tanks have a valve that can shut the tank off, especially when it is overfilled or opened to fast. Tey bleeding off some of the tank and see if that works. Some can be a real PITA when full.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski