Rangaire Hood Filter With Lens

I was cleaning the filter in my range hood (Rangaire Hood model PM25) and thought of 3 questions in the process.

1- What do you use to cut the grease in this filter? I was soaking it in bleach and water but is there anything better?

2- And if I wanted to replace this filter, can I just replace the filter material or is it better to just replace the whole filter?

Here's a vendor who sells the entire filter for replacement and includes a picture of my filter ...

3- Inside the housing is real greasy. Anything good to clean it with, with safety in mind due to wires, etc... ?
Reply to
Doug

Have you tried the dishwasher?

Reply to
recyclebinned

Filter assembly in the dishwaher with double dishwasher powder, hottest water possible. For the fixture, I would spray on Easy-off, run the fan to get the fumes out of the house, wait the suggested time and wipe down with lots of old rags/paper towels, be careful of the fumes.

Reply to
hrhofmann