Quality of garage floor epoxies

Does anyone have any experience (other than flat out guessing based on advertising!) if the supposedly "high end" garage epoxies would be much better than the 2-part epoxies such as Rustoleum EpoxyShield? They have companies that will come in and do the floor for you, hinting that they use some special epoxy that's better than anything you could apply yourself. Or there are some DIY sites that advertise epoxy that's "better" than store-bought. But the Rustoleum et al are

2-part epoxies and not cheap themselves, so they must be competitive. Or not?
Reply to
nospam

Expoxys are likely similar, but to prep a old garage floor is what makes it last, degreasing completely and acid washing maybe twice to open the pores, then it has to really cure right. My small gargage took my 2 guys a full day and about 150 in cleaners, acid,and a floor machine to get mine ready. 20 years later it hasnt pealed its just worn away, but I used HC oil concrete stain from Sherwin W.

Reply to
ransley

Take a look at Progressive Epoxy Polymers

Paul Oman, the owner is very helpful.

Boden

Reply to
Boden

----------- Paul Oman here - thanks for the kind words Boden. The Rustoleum product is first generation waterbased floor epoxy. Today we're at second or third generation. Note however, that the waterbased floor epoxies aren't the 'heavy duty' industrial floor epoxies (which aren't water based). Years ago, I talked with the guy/company that developed and sold the product now sold by Rustoleum. They sold the product/line to Rustoleum. Prices: you can expect to pay $50-$100 per gallon for a good epoxy paint.

---------

Reply to
Paul Oman

You seem a little behind the times. The Rustoleum product I was referring to is not a water based epoxy, it's a solvent based epoxy that costs $100. e.g.

nospam

Good lord, I've looked through a number of epoxy web sites recently, but that one is a complete disaster. It looks like an explosion at an HTML factory. I tried looking at it for about 5 minutes and couldn't take it any more. It's organized like a Rube Goldberg contraption.

Reply to
nospam