property values link

type in your address and it gives you property values:

buffalobill

i hope they get this working. i typed mine in and it gives a bunch of info about assessments, not actuals. has the map wrong, it's off my blocks. they ought to have one site where you can see actual sales prices, THAT would be helpful.

Reply to
roger61611

In the US many county authorities have web sites where that information is available. Some even include a photo of the house and a satellite photo as well. They often include the last sale price as well as current assessed value and some details of the property as well as dates when last sold, owners and often prior owners.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Yep.

In Maryland, you can pick any county and any address and it will tell you just aboutt everything: Who lives there, how much they paid for it, how much it is being assessed at, property size, house size, etc......

Dr. Hardcrab

I just looked up the house I sold in 1998. The price shown on zillow.com is almost 1.5 times what the county property appraiser shows as an appraised value.

Who's kidding who?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

and it gives a bunch of

map wrong, it's off my

can see actual sales

what the county property

Is it in NJ? My house shows as $98,000., the assessed amount. It used to be $57,000. Appraisal and assessment are way different here. My last appraisal before I put a new roof and another room and siding on my house was $175,000. It would probly be over 300 now. That website also lists my taxes as about half of what they are. I think it doesn't count the part of the property taxes that go to schools. As far as that website goes, well, you get what you pay for.

Reply to
Kathy

Florida

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Depends on where you are and what the county's assessment practices are. My home is certainly worth at least 50% more than my county assessor says.

Reply to
Joshua Putnam

Hey HON: well not really sure IF that is the case or NOT BUT I now at least know why you use Dr, Hardcrab as a a Signature...

Bob Ain' The beer cold normally in the Land of Plesant Living...

Reply to
Bob G.

You got it.

But not in B'More. I'm down in GAWD'S country (Southern Maryland). Where the Potomac, Patuxent and the Chesapeake Bay all meet.

You think the people in Baltimore talk funny........

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab