Pronouncing decimal numbers

Why would you avoid it? Are you one of those religious nuts that thinks it's a swearword? Ok, in future I'll write f*ck instead.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey
[snip]

lumbar?

Reply to
Sam E
[snip]

Somehow, I'm reminded of "When people get wood, they think of Trojans".

Reply to
Carl J

Unless you use one of those wooden cushions.

Reply to
Peter Moylan

Why do people constantly reinvent the wheel, but with a slightly different diameter? I'm having a hell of a job getting the right parts for my car.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That has pissed me off all of my life. I have several cap-type oil filter wrenches all of which are similar. Different filter manufacturers make filters for the same vehicle with slightly different cap styles. Even worse, different vehicles specify different filters that are visually identical with those for another car. I can see small, medium, and large but not a proliferation of incompatible small filters.

Then there are wipers... My car only has one. It is effective so I have no complaints but every time I go to a parts store the clerk will say it has two. I've even had to take them to the parking lot. 2018 Toyota Yaris sedans were really Mazda 2s and have two wipers. The hatchbacks are really Toyotas and have one. That also carries over to the filters since a Mazda

1.5L engine is not a Toyota 1.5L engine.
Reply to
rbowman

I ignore all those signs anyway. I didn't buy a 120mph car to go 70.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Fusspot.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Sex underwater is fun.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Pedant.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Actually bad backs need firmer things. Like reflex foam mattresses.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Do not confuse woke with prudish. It's perfectly fine to parade through San Francisco buck naked with a feather stuck up your ass and Heather can have six of seven mommies.

They only get prudish about guns, internal combustion engines, and people who object to the aforementioned gay blades.

Reply to
rbowman

Salt water can be irritating if you're not careful.

Reply to
rbowman

You don't have to use the sea.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Well to confuse them I'd need to know what they are. Woke is slang, and American slang, never used over here. No idea of it's meaning.

Merriam-Webster: "Woke is now defined in this dictionary as "aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)," and identified as U.S. slang."

How on earth would that meaning possibly relate to nudity?

The word prudish only refers to sexual things.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey