problem with loud high pitched screech

I do not know what is going on. It seems to only happen at night. One time it happened at 3PM and its getting worse. Its not happening about every 3-10 minutes. There is a loud high pitched screech that seems to come from the wall near my bathroom. its hard to tell.

i thought it was the pipes so i turned off the main water valve and this did not improve anything. I do not know why it doesn't happen during the day. The screech lasts about 1 second, but recurs.

any idea?

Reply to
Ryan

Ryan

any day now, you'll probably notice, you' ve entered the twilight zone

Reply to
bumtracks

Owls?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Washer in the fill line and valve of your toilet. The flapper is probably leaking a tiny bit and the toilet needs to refill every once in awhile, your 3-10 minutes. Start replacing parts in the fill line back to the wall if need be.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

Could it be a pump or fan motor in your heating system?

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.