Privacy Fence Question

Hi all,

I am putting up a 6ft privacy fence. I had the posts set by a local contractor and I am planning on putting up the backer rails and slats myself. My question is this. When I measure the height for the rails should I

  1. Measure from the ground for each post
  2. Measure from the bottom of the end posts and then chalk a line across them and use that.
  3. Use a chalk line and a line level and create a perfectly level line all the way across.

The ground is pretty level then slopes a bit then is level again.

Please help!

Thanks

Reply to
nicbro

Option 2 looks the best to my eyes. That's how I did it.

Reply to
Abe

It is whatever looks best to you. I use #3 and use a water level to keep it even. Dropping it at a post if needed keeping every cross piece level.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan