Pressure Washer Maintenance

I recently took delivery of a Sears model 752050 gas powered pressure washer.

For winter storage the manual has several recommendations including usage of a "pump saver" additive.

Curious what real world users recommend for storage over the winter and other extended periods.

Reply to
Jim

I've had mine a 2750 PSI DeVibliss for 4 years and have done nothing but use a fuel stabilizer and drain the pump. This spring it wouldn't pump right away until I grabbed and released the trigger a few times rapidly but other than that no problems. I think this year I'll pour some RV antifreeze in the pump after it's drained.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Engine: Run the gas out of it or mix Stabil into a full gas tank.

Pump: Manually fill the pump with RV antifreeze............ To manually fill just rig a funnel to the pump inlet and with the ignition off crank the engine until the antifreeze runs out of the pump. Do not use standard antifreeze. Use RV antifreeze.

Or purchase a aerosol can of pump antifreeze for the same purpose.

Reply to
tnom

My washer recommends an antifreeze used for mobile homes. You can buy it at hardware stores. I guess the idea is to keep the seals moist rather than allow them to dry out?

Reply to
Ken

Dont let it freeze, run gas dry.

Reply to
ransley

Mine froze up one year. Cracked the pump inlet, damaged the trigger wand. Luckily, I found repair parts and got it fixed.

Now, after the first frost, I remove the pump, hose and wand and store it indoors. On my model it is a simple chore - three bolts and the pump falls off with the hose and wand still attached.