Pressure washer extension wands

I need to purchase an extension wand for my pressure washer that will allow me to clean surfaces up to 24' high. My pressure washer is an Excel model ZR2800-gas/2800PSI/3.0GPM.

There are telescoping models that seem to fit the bill. Any recommendations about quality/reliability/usefulness/brand names would be most helpful.

Thank you!

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Just be aware that a pressure washer generates significant thrust. Doesn't seem like much when you're using a short wand, but give it a

24 foot moment arm and it may surprise you.
Reply to
J. Clarke

If by surprise you mean make uncontrollable, I agree. I wonder what's being washed that can't be accessed by ladder?

RicodJour

The best 24-foot extension would be a ladder.

I'm serious. If you put 24 feet of pipe on the end of a pressure washer wand, you won't be able to control it. Remember, to do any good, the nozzle has to be within a few inches of the surface, and you have to move it back and forth a few inches at a time in a controlled fashion. At 24 feet away, you can't do it. I have a 3-foot extension for my pressure washer, and I often get so tired I can't control that.

Additionally, the water stream has to be more or less perpendicular to the surface being cleaned. You'll only be able to use your mega-extension on horizontal overhangs or short vertical surfaces. But, again, you won't be able to control the wand.

I suspect I'm not understanding something. Describe the problem you're trying to solve, and we'll see what we can recommend.

Reply to
SteveBell

Boden

Thank you to all who responded to my post about pressure washer extension wands. You have certainly convinced me not to go the telescoping route. However how about having a 79" regular extension wand in addition to the 36" extension wand that came with the pressure washer? That way I would probably need to go about 7 feet or so up the ladder to cover the 20' walls on my house. Is there still enough control available with a 79" wand?

Thanks,

Bob

The posters who warned about thrust were right on the money. A long wand will jerk back when you pull the trigger and force you to push against it but when yopu release the trigger there will be a huge tendency for the wand to get smacked against the house. You would risk breaking windows or denting siding.

Reply to
Reno