Economical Pressure Washer ?

I want a very low-cost pressure washer, just for simple things like washing my car, washing siding and gentle washing of my deck. I think I want something that will do about 1500 psi, correct ?

Would like to spend $100 or less. Remember, this is not for heavy duty stuff, I don't won't to wash the paint off my house or cause damage to wood, etc. Just something that would give me perhaps 5-10 times more pressure than my water hose....

Thanks for any recommendations !!

James

Reply to
James

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 22:25:06 -0500, "James" wrote Re Economical Pressure Washer ?:

I had a cheap Karcher once. It lasted about 15-hours of use before it died.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

I have a cheap Karcher, its on its 9th year with some heavy use jobs, like complete houses, my friend has a cheap Karcher its used on a farm weekly for the last 11 years, maybe you just got a bad unit.

Reply to
ransley

2 Generac 99$ units i got lasted 2-4 hours each till they fried. Getting the cheapest isnt a good gamble. Ive had good luck with Karcher but even then some are duds
Reply to
ransley

HD has a unit that is about $100.00 or so. Some neighbors have one. Not a lot of pressure or water flow, but so far so good.

Reply to
Jack

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT BUY A HUSKY.

Reply to
Steve B

My experience is buying one off ebay for about $45. The wand didn't have the sprayer tip, so it just gurgled. An electric Craftsman. The folks at Sears didn't know that Craftsman ever made an electric.

Bought a hose and tip, at Lowe's for $65. This had the adjustable tip. But, find out the limit switch on the pressure washer was broken, and the system didn't work.

Bought a Campbell Hausfield, off Ebay for about $50. But, the high pressure housing cracked, and it gugles instead of sprays.

Went looking. Most of the stores had Karcher, and other brands with plastic housing. No good. Finally, Home Depot had one with metal pump housing. Red, can't remember the brand. But, it's worked since then. You can learn from my experience. Go to HD, and get the one with the metal pump housing. Open the box, pull one out. If the high pressure threads are grey metal, that's the one.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Haven't we already had this discussion? I have a Husky 1750 that is 4

1/2 yrs old and works just fine.
Reply to
Ron

My Karcher is a metal pump, do you mean new ones are Plastic! No wonder they dont last if thats so.

Reply to
ransley

There was one brand I saw at Kmart, which had metal pump. Could have been Karcher.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have a cheap Karcher, its on its 9th year with some heavy use jobs, like complete houses, my friend has a cheap Karcher its used on a farm weekly for the last 11 years, maybe you just got a bad unit.

=++++++++++++++++

I've got one of those too. Had it for about 3 years. We only use it once or twice a year for the pool deck. I was impressed with how well it worked and how cheap it was. I need to clean my deck again. Hope it still works.

Reply to
JimT

Thanks Stormin !! I will look at HD.

James

Reply to
James

Husky.

Reply to
Ron

Husky is what Home Depot sells that has a red casing.

Reply to
Ron

Haven't we already had this discussion? I have a Husky 1750 that is 4

1/2 yrs old and works just fine.

And I have a POS that quit after three uses. Are you saying yours is better than mine? Or that you got a good one, therefore the company could never have made any bad ones?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I paid $100 for this from HD in Jan of '06. It doesn't have the metal pump housing that Stormin was talking about, but if he bought one from HD after mine I guess they changed the pump. Regardless, I've never had a problem with mine. I used it to pressure my entire home in '06 before I painted it. I've used it a few times to clean my driveway and my wooden deck.

Ron

I'm saying that you got a lemon.

Reply to
Ron

I'm saying that you got a lemon.

Make that an expensive lemon. But that's the last dollar Husky will ever get from me.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

.

I can respect that. All I'm saying is, if there were all a POS they wouldn't still be selling them. The return lines would be endless.

Reply to
Ron