Pre 1.6 gpf Toilets - Legal Anywhere?

I have one of these one piece Kohlers and it is a lousy flusher. The float/flapper adjustment is touchy but even when right it still may require 2 flushes to make everything go away. There is another problem with the 1.6gpf. If you are a long way from the vertical riser 1.6 gallons may not be enough water to ensure the load makes the whiole trip. In a ranch type house, if you use the far end guest bath for those "big loads" and don't use any other significant amounts of water from that end of the house it may end up clogging the pipe. If nothing else be sure you wash your hands ;--)

Reply to
gfretwell

To follow up on my original post. We now have two Toto Ultramax toilets in the house. They are unbelievable compared to the old 3.5 Kohlers they replaced (which went to the dump.) There is so little action when you flush you swear nothing is going to happen, but down it goes! We are so pleased we have another Toto on order for the 1/2 bath. This one will be a Drake, which is less expensive, but rated at even greater performance than the Ultramax (900 grams vs 700 grams.) We are sold on the 1.6 gpf Toto's.

Reply to
Dick

Yes. The American Standard Champion. The thing is unbelievable.

Reply to
Alan