power invertor

Yet another learning moment for the list. You got the job done, and learned a lot. I'm all for that.

You sure do need a 7 foot tall drill.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

that's a good tip to know.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

power generators? that really went off topic. LOL!

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Oh, I hate it when that happens. Well, maybe one of your friends has a generator, and you can wire it up for him?

What did you use for heat, those four days? My four day power cut, I used burners on the stove. I know to watch for schines of msentalll confyuuression. I'm ferpectly nermal. In all regartsl. Nouffing wrong, eer.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have one, it does not work that well on scissors jack. Lug nuts, yes.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

are you cooking for us? :D

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

It was 3 days and a little bit. It just got colder and colder, until I coudlnt' take it anymore. It wasn't the dead of winter, just winter, and Baltimore can have 40 or 50 degrees in the daytime, though I dont' remember details. It was certainly fine the first day, and cool the second I suppose. I would normally boil water to raise the humidity, but my stove is electric too unfortunately. I'm sure I lasted until the 3rd day but I think it was the fourth.

Turn off the gas, quick!

Reply to
Micky

thanx for the tip on the 1000w power inverter. Noticed it has a side link to a 2000w version.

I think a 2000W inverter might be more appropriate for a power drill.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

I had a 22 hour power outage less than a month ago, because of ice bringing down some main wires. It was around 20 deg outside. I have one of those Mr. Heaters that I use for camping. I got it out of the garage, and hooked that up to a 20LB propane tank and got heat. I was just going to drive to town to buy a spare propane tank, when the power came back on. So I did not have to drive to town on icy roads. The next day I got another tank anyhow. If I dont need it at home, I'll need ut when I go camping....

Reply to
Paintedcow

nice power drill!

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

theres a screw on the side of the jack?

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Theres a tip on how to do just that on

I'd have to look for it tho.

that is something to consider.

I do have a Black & Decker Firestorm 12V or 14V power drill with dead batteries. not sure if its powerful enough to turn the jack. I did try it, it couldn't move it. I think I tried different settings.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

I know about this, but I didn't want to get it as my truck has a scissors jack. But I will be getting that for my new car once I make up my mind on the model.

|comment[p|466701649[a|B0027Z6F3W[au|5759050131709445631

fyi, I have a 2000 chevy S10.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

i really should get that one for my moms Honda accord. It has a weird looking jack. gave me some work out tho when her car had a flat.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Mine is 5.3 amps - so 636 watts,

Reply to
clare

So about 385 watts running

Reply to
clare

I bought one, tried it once and returned it. Nowhere nEAR what I nhave grown accustomed to with an air impact. . .

Reply to
clare

A very large percentage of "certifications" are bogus. Many specifications are inaccurate.

As far as " I don't see anywhere that Robert indicated that the wire he purchased from a seller on E-Bay came from China." the chances are better than 80% - virtually ALL low priced speaker wire you can buy in North America today is chinese in origin - as well as a lot of overpriced "boutique" wire. (and most electronic parts and devices, for that matter)

Reply to
clare

Mabee a bit of CO would be an improvement??

Reply to
clare

I have a little propane heater, but I think it's really for 49 degree nights in the woods in a tent, not even for one room when it's 30 out. I didn't even think of using it. It has frightening warnings about opening the window so you don't die.

Hmm. one model of your says Mr. Heater Little Buddy Propane Heater Item # 411148 Kicks out 3,800 BTU per hour for 5.6 hrs.

That does seem like a lot. I forget what my furnace does.

The bigger one for $129 says Storage space houses a spare 1-lb. cylinder Operates from 1-lb. cylinder Connects to a 20-lb. cylinder Two heat settings: 6,000 and 12,000 BTU/hr. Tip over and low oxygen safety shut-off

Is that low oxygen for the flame or for me? And does it really know? How?

Hmm. I have a 20 pound tank on the grill outside, and a spare on the other grill.

Reply to
Micky