possible to run a gas stove from tank...

Hi We have a 3 year old 30" Frigidaire gas range that we would like to use in the house we just bought, but unfortunately the house is not hooked up with a nat. gas line. We have looked into getting one installed but it is very expensive as we have to have the line dug to the house, connected inside, etc.

Is it possible to have a tank of some kind installed under the porch that we could have filled from time to time? Or could we use just a regular propane tank and if so, what type of special connectors would we need?

Thanks.

Reply to
sherglue

It may be possible. Two things have to be done. The stove itself must be converted from natural gas to LP gas. There is usually a kit available with the new orifices to be installed. If you are handy you can do it, but a service tech will do in it under an hour.

the tank can be put on your property but it has to comply with regulations. Under the porch does not sound like an acceptable place. It must be fairly open, not near a door or window. then the gas line has to be run to the appliance.

Call a local propane dealer and they can give you some cost ideas.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski