Porwer washer, no pressure at all

I have a Generac power washer 2000psi, that's about 4 years old and has worked flawlessly until this year. The unit will not build up any pressure. I took off the wand and it pumps out the same amount of pressure, with the washer running or with it off. I took off the bottom of the pump unit and the ceramic pistons go up and down when I pull the rope for the engine. The rubber washers look new, I used this unit maybe 10 times. I also checked for blockage and none was found. I did contact the manufacture, but all they did was refer me to a service company. Anyone have any experience with a problem like? I would like to fix it myself if I could. Like I said it appears to be working like it's supposed to be.

Thanks for your time TheBoz

Reply to
Bozo DaClown

Check your nozzle. I have a 13HP Karcher that was driving me insane for about an hour..was working fine, ran out of fuel, refilled and it ran for about 15 minutes...stopped and went back and I got nothing but a quick blast of pressure and that was that....

I figured I must have blown an o-ring or two..(3 pistons on this pump) so I took it apart, rebuilt, (kept a kit on hand) and tried again....same...figured it had to be a blockage in the line...so I took it off and tried without the hose on...nothing special...so..I checked the nozzle for whatever I might find...and sure enough, the orifice had blown out, and all it took was a new $5 nozzle tip. No restriction, no pressure building...

Reply to
CBhVAC:)

Had the same problem. Replacing the nozzle solved the problem.

Don

Reply to
Don