Portable Home Generator Questions

Thanks. I'm encouraged.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Peter

There are a number of factual errors in your posting. Fuel gas lines do not have to be below the frost line. Under the miss utility laws of most states the liability is all with the person doing the digging who disturbs an existing line. We have had a number of propane installs done and a single central tank has always worked out cheaper in the long run. When we installed the generator at my firehouse the cost of the gas line was much cheaper than the additional cost of a diesel generator even though that was a natural gas and propane combination unit that needed a gas line run from the street as well as from the propane tank.

The point is that your own experience; or mine for that matter; will not, necessarily extrapolate well to another installation in another location.

-- Tom Horne

Reply to
Tom Horne

Your only on the hook if you charge for the use of your power. Otherwise the courts won't give them the time of day. They neighbor would simply have no cause of action at law.

-- Tom Horne

Reply to
Tom Horne

My family is using minimum buried lines from New Hampshire out to Southern California and has been for many years. Not one of my five sisters not my brother has had a line broken by frost damage. My church operates summer camps from the mountains of North West Maryland to the sea coast of the Carolinas. None of those underground propane lines has ever had frost damage. No that is not a complete geographic sample of the US but I have not heard of buried gas lines being frost damaged. I don't see the problem.

-- Tom Horne

Reply to
Tom Horne