Roofing question

I have a squarish ranch southwest style home. The roof has a slight pitch on it. The builder of this house gets a rating of 3 on a scale of one to ten from me. I wish I would have looked at the house closer, but what's done is done. I bought it for the property, a rural house in a very small town at the end of a long road and surrounded by the great out of doors.

But about my roof. We had an air conditioner added, and I just cannot get it sealed. The AC guy says it is the roofer's responsibility, but the roofer is MIA. Anyone have any experience with sprayed on roofs that expand on contact? The roof is corrugated, and there are a million seams and junctures, and I don't really see any other way. If you have used this as provided by professionals, what did it cost? Did it work? I ass-u-me that they just keep spraying it on until any leakage stops, which can be a good thing in my hot location, probably adding some reflective quality to the roof.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

This won't answer your question, but...

re: "We had an air conditioner added...The AC guy says it (the seal) is the roofer's responsibility"

What's the time line here?

Was this an existing, non-leaking roof that started leaking after the AC installer finished his work?

If that's the case, I'd be up the AC guy's behind until he fixed the problem.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Unless you made some kind of deal with the HVAC guys their installations are suppose to be turn-key. If there is a roofing problem related to the install it is their responsibility.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

This won't answer your question, but...

re: "We had an air conditioner added...The AC guy says it (the seal) is the roofer's responsibility"

What's the time line here?

Was this an existing, non-leaking roof that started leaking after the AC installer finished his work?

If that's the case, I'd be up the AC guy's behind until he fixed the problem.

reply: He won't fix it either. Not sure what the law is in this state re: that with the contractor's board. Right now, I want to get it fixed, and blame and responsibility can come later.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Is the air conditioner compressor on the roof? Is it a swamp type cooler? How is the air conditioner related to any roofing problems. Something is missing in your description!

Reply to
hrhofmann

What does the AC installation have to do with the roof? What is the roofing material (there are about 5 common types) in question? What do other houses in the area use for roofing material(s)? What is the expected life of your roof and how old is it? I'll give a "10" rating to a roofing job that does not leak after 20 years but not before.

Reply to
Phisherman