portable dishwasher

I just purchashed a used portable dishwasher and am very exciting to use it. Small problem though, we have a nice faucet with a built in sprayer. I am unable to attach the adapter part to the faucet because the threading is not long enough to grab on to the faucet. The threading in the faucet is pushed back a little. The faucet was quite expensive and I dont want to get rid of it but I cant seem to find the proper adapter for this faucet. Anyone have any advice. Hope this email makes sense

Reply to
bgcavanagh

Good chance the manufacturer of the faucet has a customer service help line. Ask them about using standard adapters on their faucets. While most do follow some standard of compatibility, they may not.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Be careful hooking a portable washer to a faucet w/pull-out sprayer. I have one of those, I love it but the sprayer supply line has only a little o-ring sealing it. It isn't made to take full water pressure with no flow, like when a dishwasher is hooked up. In my particular faucet, the water goes into the mixer valve, then goes out to the faucet. When the water is turned off, that o-ring has no water pressure on it.

My faucet specifically states not to use portable dishwashers, and I am betting that's the reason. You might want to check with the mfg to be sure your faucet can handle a dishwasher hookup.

My solution was to use a nearby bathroom sink, just a few feet away (very small house, bathroom is off kitchen)

Reply to
nobody