Ping Stormin Moroman

Hey guy, I know you're a flashlight collector and I carry a few on me when I'm out and about because I'm very nearsighted and the light from a small flashlight helps me a great deal when I'm examining something. Well I finally got my van running again so I can get out of the house and I went by Home Depot to get some items. I came across the "Defiant" branded flashlights and picked up two of the different models to try them out. Wow! You should take a look at them. There is one for $4.88 at the store near me that's the Defiant Mini LED Work Light Model # 902-GD that puts out a great deal of light from 16 LEDs. I got another Defiant flashlight a model 7000. It's an interesting light which is oval with a single LED and reflector on one end then you slide out the inside which turns it into a 30 LED work light. It has dual magnets and a hook on the end and is a very bright light. I can't find it on The Web anywhere except Fixya where a fellow shows how he fixed a battery door problem. I suppose the 7000 has been discontinued but I'm going back to see if there are any left. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That's a fun looking light. They don't say what kind of batteries it takes. That is a big factor, for me. Thanks for sharing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It has a carrier with 3 AAA batteries in the end with a threaded cap. The light is metal and surprising quality, especially surprising by the amount of light it puts out. I'm probably going to pick up a few more. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yep, three triple A. Those cells which cost as much as AA, but don't weigh as much, and don't last as long. That would have been my guess. I try (not successfully) to avoid AAA cells.

I hope that works well for you. I have a two AA head light with elastic strap from HF. They are three bucks on sale, and take a mini mag LED module. The elastic stretches out, and then I put the LED module into the next light.

Stormin Mormon

I have several headlamps, some that I've had for a long time and they still work. I have some that clip on to a ball cap. Since I wear a Redneck head cover all the time, I just got a newer, brighter flexible ball cap light from Home Depot. It's a "Nite)Ize Innovation, BrimLit" made by Nite Ize, Inc. and it's the best one I've found. I even have a ball cap with two LED's built in and it's a good one but I have a fat head so it doesn't fit that well. The BrimLit cost $14.98 from Home Depot an is also available from Amazon. I'd recommend it to anyone because to me, it's a great light for the money. ^_^

Oh yea, it fits any cap or hat with a brim. The Amish and the cowboys could use it too. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

A while ago, I did get a ball cap light at Dollar Tree. Years ago, I'd used first aid tape to put a squeeze coin cell "photon" light under my hat brim. Only used it a couple times, but it sure was nice.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have several headlamps, some that I've had for a long time and they

I went back to Home Depot today and purchased 5 more of the under $5 LED flashlights and 2 more of the $10 LED lights. I gave one of the small ones to my roommate to carry in his tool bag. The lights are metal with a clear plastic section containing 16 bright LED's. The flashlight is 8" long and a bit over 1+1/16" in diameter. I bought extra because if it gets lost or somehow broken, I'm not out a lot of money. JH has this goofy kid working for him who left one of JH's expensive LED flashlights on a job site in another city. Another helper was bad about leaving tools up in suspended ceilings and forgetting about them. I can issue a helper his own flashlight and perhaps he will take better care of his own property. I can tell him if her loses the one I gave him, he'll have to pay for a replacement. The latest LED flashlights put out an incredible amount of bright light and they're not that expensive. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas