Phillips head bit size 2R

Does anyone have an idea where I can find the following Phillips head bits; PH2R? These are not the same as the PH2.

Paul

Reply to
Paul S.

As far as I know ther are two cross slot screw head standards, the American Phillips and the European PosiDrive (identified by 4 extra marks in the cross). Maybe a tool outfit like SnapOn would be a source. HTH.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Google is your friend...Paul

Reply to
PJ

You are probably looking for a "reed & prince" bit, yes I am serious that's what its called.

Sears screw driver sets back when I a got mine 20 years ago had a red handled screwdriver that looked like a slim Phillips.

try this link

Cliff Hartle

The "R" might stand for "reduced": I've seen some Phillips bits describd that way; they seem "skinnier" than the usual ones.

Such a bit might be difficult to find on its own, but I think you might find one in some of the sets of bits in Lowes, HD, Sears, etc.

MB

On 04/23/04 08:19 pm Paul S. put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

Thanks for the link. I had spent a few minutes doing searches looking for this but I never ran accross the company you provided the link for. Thank you very much.

Paul

Reply to
Paul S.

These are reduced tip bits. The purpose of reducing the tip (length) is to cause them to seat better into the screw recess. Makita sells reduced tip bits. Along with this, or without the reduced tip look at ACO appended to the bit designation. ACO designates Anti-CamOut which s ribs on the tip surfaces that impede the bit's tendency to lift out of the recess and damage the screw head. Again Makita has these. Vermont America is another vendor.

RB

Paul S. wrote:

Reply to
RB

Reply to
Daniel L. Belton

Yes these PH2R's seem skinnier then a normal PH2 plus with the tapcons I use, the PH2R sits down into the slot much better then a PH2 thus reducing any slipping when I drive the screw into the masonary.

I have a PH2R but I got it from my last employer of which will not share with me where I can find them. Such nice people

Reply to
Paul S.

I get them at my local True Value.

-- Mike D.