Philishave shaver not working?

Shaver simply stopped working. Have checked fuse and mains lead. Consists mainly of circuit board and motor, I have some electronics knowledge and have checked diodes, resistors etc. but no obvious fault. How can I tell if it's the board or the motor? Each can be bought but wouldn't be cost effective.

Kenny Cargill

Reply to
Kenny

Christmas is coming. Retailers will be offering them at substantial savings. Just treat yourself to a new one!

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Happened once with a razor I had...it was just a bad switch

Reply to
philo

Didn't think to try bypassing the switch! Have been sporting stubble and hinting in the run up to Xmas.

Kenny

Happened once with a razor I had...it was just a bad switch

Reply to
Kenny

If it's not the switch it's not worth fixing new razors don't cost too much.

Reply to
philo

Grow a beard .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Obvious using a voltmeter, or without one?

Is there voltage at the motor? Enough to run the motor? How much?

Sounds most likely.

UNPLUG razor and test switch with ohmmeter.

Reply to
Micky

I have to keep mine trimmed to 6" max or it blows up in my eyes when I'm on the motorcycle . No problems sleeping though .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

You could do comb over or a man bun. (yikes)

Reply to
Tekkie®

Maybe he should braid is add beads to the ends of each braid?

Reply to
Muggles

Muggles posted for all of us...

yes, mouth and ears when I'm lying down and trying to sleep. o_O

Yeah, that would be an attractive look for beady monster.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I've seen some cool car guys on tv do that occasionally.

Reply to
Muggles

Oren posted for all of us...

This post has increased my vocabulary tremendously.

Hope your bride does well.

Reply to
Tekkie®

HERE COMES THE NO! yes NO-NO

Oren posted for all of us...

This post has increased my vocabulary tremendously.

Hope your bride does well.

Reply to
tony944