Phantom door bell ringing

I was about to say the same thing. I had a car that had a horn that went off at night all by itself. It used a switch that consisted of a ring separated by a honeycomb insulator. The temperature change was enough to make the contacts short when it cooled down.

Reply to
Ken

Or a squirrel or mouse who has a regular meal time???

Reply to
clare

I had a rabbit do this more than once. Heard the rap, nobody there, but then I looked down saw the rabbit thumping the door like he was scratching himself.

Reply to
Frank

This time of year, that's kinda late in the day for sunlight to be a factor.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

replying to walter, Cleo wrote: It is your TV, Commercials now insert a doorbell ring to get your attention, that explains the time slot ...that explains it....after replacing the bell, waiting in the dark to expose the prankster.....well, I now have a shinty new doorbell ??

Reply to
Cleo

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Yeah, I had a dog like that, I miss him. The cat does it now, running off the bed to who knows where... She does not like the phone either. If I am reading anything and can't see my face she tries to knock the object out of my hands and check on me.

Reply to
Tekkie®