pex line, hose bib, thick wall

Hello all I have some PEX lines (house water pressure) buried in PVC conduit which distribute to some irrigation points. I'd like to bring one of the PEX lines to a surface and add a hose bib. Problem is, the best surface is an incredibly thick garden wall and the usual hose bib installation method (line -> 1/2" connection --> through the wall) would be a real pain. In addition you aren't supposed to leave PEX exposed.

I'm thinking about running the PEX in a PVC conduit up the side of the wall and into a small heavy PVC box, surface mounted, then attaching the hose bib through the side of the box.

Is there a better solution? I've thought of a "yard hydrant" but I don't want someone impaling themself on it.

I don't see any self-contained boxes with hose bibs, except expensive marine-grade for piers.

Thanks for any ideas.

Reply to
powercat

You could transition the pex to copper and then up the wall with a hose bib mounted..eliminate the pvc (up the wall) and box.

Oren At this moment I do not have a personal relationship with a computer. Janet Reno, Attorney General 24 May 1998

Reply to
oren