Permanent tie of rawhide shoe laces

I got some moc-style slippers with a rawhide lace. These are much like the Perry Topsiders I usta wear, which also had these same sorta rawhide laces. The one problem both have is, once the std shoelace bow becomes untied, it comes undone constantly. How can one stop this untying of this bow?

I've considered putting a drop of super-glue or silicone on the knot. Heck, I've even considered epoxy! What I don't understand is, why one will come untied, consantly, while the other shoe's lace never comes untied. Actually, I'm jes looking for a good trick to keep either one tied. Should I wet the lace before tying? This left slipper is driving me crazy! ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Use small size nylon cable tie?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I have done that, in similar situation. I've also sewed with needle and thread.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wire tie from bread wrapper? The old double knot?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I think I posted about this topic here years ago. Good answers but no great answers.

Walk backwards?

Reply to
micky

Well, maybe not permanent, but there are many 'other ways' to tie shoes that keeps them tied, usually until you want to untie them. I use a method that my son taught me. I looked on Google and didn't find that one but did find others. Check out:

Art Todesco

I wear boat shoes everywhere. The trick with the laces is to tie them when they are wet and pull it as tight as you can. When they dry, they don't come untied.

Reply to
gfretwell

I suspected as much.

I usta wear Perry Topsiders. That is until they went cheapo and QA went to Hell, allowing mis-sized shoes get by. I tossed the last pair, as the toe-box was rubbing the skin off the tops of my toes. I'd try other brands, but very few make boat shoes in any kinda width (4E). PTS came in extra wide and would stretch. All except my last pair. 8|

nb

Reply to
notbob

I wear AOs and the first thing I do with a new pair is step on the top step of the pool and get them wet, then wear them until they dry. They start molding to your feet right away. That is also when I get the length of the laces right and tie them up tight. Use a square knot bow,

Reply to
gfretwell