Painting iron radiator in place

I wonder if anyone has ideas for painting cast radiators while they are inline. I'm on a deadline and cant afford the time to take them out and sandblast them etc. How can I paint the inner parts, are there flexible spray attachments or something that will work? I only have 4 inches between it and the wall so I known it wont be easy, if possible at all.

Reply to
Joe

People paint radiators in place all the time**. Why not go to a paint store and see what kinds of brushes they sell?

And the important thing is to decide on the color. IIUC, white and light colors make them less effective, but I've been wrong before. And although I asked once, I never understood the difference between metallic colors and black. Afaik, they should never be painted at all, because the paint stops the heat radiation and requires more conduction first.

Or just dust them and buy radiator covers. They have a nice flat top good for lots of things.

**We have to find those radiators and stop them.
Reply to
mm

They are a bear to paint with a brush. The easiest way is either a rattle can or a Power Painter or similar device. You can simply put a piece of cardboard behind and under them to keep the overspray from messing up the area around it.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

How about using an air brush from Harbor Freight ($10)? I have used these before to paint inside the rear louvers on my Volkswagen. They are small enough to get into the space you are talking about. My guess is that they will probably work the best with oil based paint.

- Robert

Reply to
Robert