Painting fireplace screen

I have a brass-looking fireplace 4 glass window "screen" (not sure if this is the proper term) on my fireplace, the brass look doesn't match anything in the house and I'd like to paint it or refinish it somehow.

I'd like to go silver or chrome first, and black if those aren't possible. Would a high-temp spray paint do this job, or are there better solutions for something like this?

Reply to
kellyj00

I don't think you will be happy with silver or chrome paint. Flat black might look nice ... be sure to buy high-temperature paint.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

I'd look into the paints used for grills, since they're designed for that sort of heat. The only question is if you'd be able to find a gloss paint rather than a matte finish, because some sort of reflective surface on the fireplace insert would look so much better.

The other question would be if any sort of paint would hold on the brass surface, or if you'd need to do some sort of chemical or physical prep to give the paint something to hold onto.

Reply to
Kyle