Painting a clear glass shower door

My house comes with a clear glass shower door. However I'd like to give it a warmer look by making its color a turquoise or marine blue. Any suggestions on how to best paint a vertical glass shower door like this one? Or are there glass films available that would produce the same effect, with more uniformity? Thanks

Reply to
Jean-Pierre Abello

Try Jurgen Industries -

They sell both water and lacquer based glass paints...

Rick

Reply to
Rick

At work they put a film over the windows to cut down on the sun glare. Not very noticeable, but would give you a warmer look in the bathroom.

Don .

Reply to
Don Wiss

I've heard of people having glass sand blasted to make designs and to make it opaque.

Reply to
Harmony Seldon

He doesn't want to make the door opaque, but translucent. A lot of showers don't have lights. With an opaque door they'd be showering in the dark.

Don .

Reply to
Don Wiss

That is one thing I would not paint, unless perhaps the outside surface of the glass. If I wanted color, I'd consider colored glass or plexiglass. There are lots of film materials, not necessarily intended for shower doors, that might be suitable. I discovered 3M has a gazillion kinds of sticky films whilst I was looking for something else. Might be something intended for window signs that would work. Or, possible, artist acrylics with a translucent or transparent medium, on super clean/degreased glass.

Reply to
RamblinOn