Painted MDF trim and doors vs oak trim and doors?

Hello,

I am in the process of developing the basement in my bungalow. I need to decide if I should used primed MDF raised panel doors and primed MDF trim or if I should use oak veneer doors and oak trim. I like the look of both. My upstairs is 1960 mahogany. What gets done in the basement will be different than the upstairs. Does anyone have any thoughts on which product to use? I'm weighing the pro's and con's, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike :)

Reply to
Michael