Thinking about developing a city lot in Chicago some basic questions

Hi there

I really hope that this is not off topic for this group, if it is then please tell me and, if possible, please direct me to a newsgroup more suited.

The situation

We have a 125' by 30' plot in Chicago that we are considering developing into either a rental or a condominium property. We have some basic questions.

1 What are the initial steps ? 2 When do we consult an architect/ 3 when do we begin to pay 4 how much does this cost? 5 How long does the process take?

I know these are high level questions but we have to start somewhere.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Harry Palmer

Reply to
harry palmer

What are you allowed to build on a 30' wide lot? That's pretty narrow. Zero lot line? Setbacks? How much? Checked the zoning?

If you are able to do some sort of condo (won't be many) you will need a lawyer.

After you figure out what you can/want to do

As soon as you start talking to professionals

Probably several times what you think it will

At least twice as long as you think it will

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

You have a vacant lot, 3,750 square feet, in Chicago. I suggest you do a little reading first.

's the Parent directory, select the Zoning and Building section. You have the absolute minimum lot size for....well, you'll see.

Reply to
Michael Baugh

interesting site thanks very much, very helpful.

Reply to
harry palmer

Great answers thanks very much

Reply to
harry palmer

Wrong newsgroup. You want alt.slumlordsRus.....

Reply to
Red Neckerson

My mother is still waiting for you to come back to collect your package of Depends.

Reply to
Michael Baugh