alt. architecture FAQ

alt.architecture FAQ ====================

  1. What architecture school should I go to? [Common Variant: How good is the University of 'X'?]
  2. Can someone help me with my homework?
  3. Where can I find free plans/design work/engineering calcs on the internet?
  4. What CAD program is best/should I buy?
  5. Is architecture a good career choice?
  6. Am I being overcharged by my architect?
  7. What does everyone think of this famous architect's work?
  8. Why should I hire an architect when I can draw the plans with [insert name of extremely cheap drafting software here] on my own computer?
  9. Where can I find 'X'?
  10. What's a good gift for a teenager who wants to be an architect?
  11. Please go to my website.
  12. Why are architects so incompetent?
  13. May I advertise in alt.architecture?

Frequently Offered Answers on alt.architecture:

  1. What architecture school should I go to? [Common Variant: How good is the University of 'X'?]

It's up to you. [Variant: "LOL!!!!"]

  1. Can someone help me with my homework?

Nah. See question/answer #9 and stop asking others to do your work.

  1. I'm working on a project for school. It's about 'X'. Will yo please send me information about 'X'?

No. See #2. If it's a paper, then the research is already published. If it's a studio project, then anything we send you is cheating on your part.

  1. Where can I find free plans/design work/engineering calcs on the internet?

  1. What CAD program is best/should I buy?

Try the alt.cad newsgroup. We're pretentious artistes at alt.architecture. We also all hate the software we use, but won't use anything else, either. But if yours is anything different that we use, we'll make sure you're abused for it.

  1. Is architecture a good career choice?

LOL! We can only hope so.

  1. Am I being overcharged by my architect?

LOL! We can only hope so.

  1. What does everyone think of this famous architect's work?

AUGH!

  1. Why should I hire an architect when I can draw the plans with [insert name of extremely cheap drafting software here] on my own computer?

You get what you pay for [or don't pay for--RE: Congressman James Trafficant's self-defense].

  1. Where can I find 'X'?

Leave us alone. Try

instead.

  1. What's a good gift for a teenager who wants to be an architect?

Space.

  1. Please go to my website.

That's not a question.

  1. Why are architects so incompetent?

Only in Hong Kong. They're all good everywhere else. Usually, it's the clients that are incompetent.

  1. May I advertise in alt.architecture?

Only if your name is not Ralph, Anthony or "orangetree". Otherwise, feel free.

  1. Are all CAPS posts or excessive punctuation marks allowed in alt.architecture posts?

No. You will be severely mocked and chastened for posting in all CAPS or for more than (3) consecutive puncutation marks in a single post.

  1. I'm a "drive-by" poster - I come and post a question, never to been seen again. Will you please reply to my email address so I don't have to come look for your reply?

No. Inevitably your post will begin a long thread, beginning with some harsh reality. If you can't hack it, don't post the first time.

Reply to
3D Peruna