wood trim and doors

We Are Currently In The Process Of Remodeling Our Home. My Question Is That We Have Oak Doors And Trim In The Newer Addition Of Our Home. We Are Also Putting Oak Doors In The Remodeled Part Of The House. I Need To Know If I Put White Crown Moulding And Baseboards In The Remodeled Part Of The Home If That Would Look Right Or Not???? This Remodeling We Are Doing Is The Entire House Minus The Already Added On Addition. This House Was Built In 1978 So It Needs Updating. Also We Are Going To Have Butterscotch Colored Oak Flooring In 3 Bedrooms And Living Room. There Will Be Tile In The Dining Room That Separates The Older Part Of The Home And The Remodeled Part. My Husband And I Are At Our Wits End Trying To Decide What Will Look Right. He Is Wanting To Do Oak Floors, Oak Trim Around Baseboards, Windows And Doors With The Oak Doors. Any Suggestions?? We Have Both Agreed That Your Recommendations Will Be O.k. With Us And That's The Way We'll Go So Don't Worry About Taking Sides. Desparate . Thanks

Reply to
glorycats

I suggest that you turn off the Title Case. I found it so difficult to read I gave up after the first line. (Same with ALL CAPS)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

It really depends on the look you're going for, but white trim (crown & base) would look great with wood doors and/or wood floors. If you're looking for the doors to blend into the floor with a constant warm woody look, you might want to use wood (oak stained) trim. On the other hand, if you want the trim to "pop" with a nice archetectural style of clean lines and you want a little contrast (my personal preference) off the wood tones, by all means use a bright white gloss (or semi) on the trim. If you're going to use the latter, consider painting your walls with warm colors, this will accent the trim further.

Jeff

glorycats wrote:

Reply to
jeffreydesign

yeah, it depends on your taste. consider also the door jambs. if you have oak doors, door jambs, and door trim, then white base butting into this might look funny IMO. better that your casing and base be the same i think. you could get away with an oak door, white jamb, white trim etc. but it really is a matter of taste.

Reply to
marson