Outdoor faucet leak

I have an outdoor faucet that leaks pretty substatially when on. It is butted up to the vynl siding. How do I repair or replace?

Reply to
bigjcw1023

From where does it leak, exactly? Tom

Reply to
tom

Tighten the packing nut under the handle.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Leaks from the handle

Reply to
bigjcw1023

Or replace the packing.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

As others have said, the packing nut needs to be tightened, repacked, or replaced.

Here is a site with a few pictures:

Reply to
DanG

Leaks with water turned on, or turned off? with hose atached, or no hose?

Reply to
Christopher Young

That link was most helpful, thanks!

Reply to