Ot. Wife is sick no benefits because I make too much..

Should we divorce and keep our rings and live together? What are the repercussions? Yes, i am trying to beat the system. If I put her on my plan the deductible is 6000 before 80-20 kicks in.

6000 is the absolute limit of my means but the 20 is out of reach. "You are a dick" not needed but welcomed with honest good answers. I make under 20 an hour. She makes zero. Sad. We own our home, no credit card bills.
Reply to
Thomas

Is she ineligible for Medicaid?

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Exactly!

Become a registered democrat, get your free medical care and then send the bill to Republican taxpayers.

Reply to
Bod F

Gee Bod F he is a working guy trying to do his best. No reason for snarky comments. Probably screwed with Obamacare like many others.

Most hospitals deal with that sort of thing all the time. They may have someone on staff or can tell you who to contact for help. Check with their financial office or patient coordinator.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

There must be a lot of good resources online on this, with real experience and/or legal advice. The idea he's pursuing would be to get divorced and then the wife can go on Medicaid and other public assistance. From what I know, the problem there would be if the house is jointly owned and any other assets that clearly belong to both. I think there is a look back period of several years, where the govt can claim that asset transfers during that time can still be counted toward her assets. In other words, you can't gift your house to your kids and then expect the govt to pay for an assisted living facility. Many elderly start transfering assets well ahead of any expected situation like that for precisely that purpose. I would think similar would apply to divorces, where if you do a divorce with some lopsided, indefensible allocation where one party gets virtually all of it, you could have a problem. My recommendation would be googling, getting educated and then when you have a good idea of what the issues are, what you want to do, find a lawyer. Besides online there are probably books, maybe the library has some.

Reply to
trader_4

The OP stated he was trying to "beat the system".

The OP welcomed good honest answers.

The best way to beat the system is to become a democrat, grab your free government benefits and expect a working taxpayer to pay for it.  Nothing snarky about that.

The other option is to get a second job but the OP was looking to "beat the system".

Your suggestion to have the hospital eat the cost of treatment was pure democrat.

Reply to
Bod F

Reading comprehension problem? Where did I suggest the hospital eat the cost? I suggested they may have people that can help, direct him, etc. .

As for beating the system, Obama created the system as it is. Trump said he would fix it. What had he done to fix it? The sustem sucks and the Repubs have done nothing about it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Any reasonably intelligent person knows there is no free lunch. The only way to fix obamacare is to abolish it or find someone willing to pay everyone else's medical bills.

Reply to
Bod F

There is no free lunch but there is good insurance. Trump promised good healthcare. Where is it?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

  I saw something the other day that said that the health care industries spent way way more on lobbying than any other lobby group . Wonder if there's a connection ...
Reply to
Terry Coombs

The Repubs have attempted to kill it, and when they failed at that, to make it worse so it will die. And they've succeeded in making it worse.

micky

Just in a hard spot. Never relied on help but this is rediculous. Blood tests, one after the other costing 900 out of pocket. She has no pay or benefits of any kind. It is all on my wallet which is thin. I think if she were suddenly single and on her own she might have a chance. I hate doing what I contemplate but I need help.

Reply to
Thomas

You should find a group or forum more appropriate. The idiots here are going to ignore your plight and try to score political points. Tell them what kind of coverage you have, 80% covered sounds like Medicare with no supplemental. You should have supplemental.

As I said, I don't know what kind of coverage you have but most insurance I'm familiar has out of pocket maximums. After you pay a certain amount, the insurance covers the rest at 100%.

Good luck.

Reply to
Dan Espen

He could try posting the situation here and get advice

Need to post as many details as possible. Age, medical condition, income, city or state, any previous insurance coverage, etc

Reply to
Anonymous

Bob F has a great idea!

Maybe sick people could sneak illegally across the border into Canada? Surely the Canadians would give free welfarecare to border-hoppin' illegals, right?

Reply to
Jason S.

Democrat's Mantra: Gimme my free stuff and bill the taxpayers for it.

How loud would a welfarecrat scream if welfare benefits were taxed?

Reply to
Lazy Larry

Look around. Over 60% of the population is overweight or obese. These f***ss tubbies are one donut away from a coronary event. Would you want to insure them?

But go ahead and blame President Trump if it makes you feel better.

Reply to
Porky Pig

I'm not blaming Trump for obesity. He promised to give us all better choices for healthcare. He has not. So, three years in and no action makes him what? Liar? Ineffective leader?

I have no respect for a man that gives his word and reneges on it. I guess it does not bother you.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

as a free lunch.  Stop blaming President Trump for another failed welfarecrat program.

Obama started the health care mess. Trump has been trying to change it, but can not get past the House that is controled by the Democrats. A President can only put out ideas to the House or Senate, but has no control over what they do with the ideas. The Democrats are so anti- Trump that he stands little chance of doing very much. It may change if the House goes back Republican. If not, and Trump is reelected, look for 4 more years of not much being done.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I never has respect for Obama and Obamacare sucks. Trump promised a fix. Where is it? Did he just lie about it to get votes? Why to you think it is OK for him to lie?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski