Ot. Wife is sick no benefits because I make too much..

I'm not talking about commodes and walkers. Amazon will not give you $5000 in equipment, all the supplies, delivered and set up, periodically tested and serviced, 24 hour emergency service all for $75 a month and wait 3 to 6 months to get paid.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Welfare is not a sustainable business model. Maybe medical equipment suppliers have too many democrat sponges?

Best thing is to switch to cash on the barrelhead or move business to a red state.

Reply to
Gimmee Freestuff

They can do that if we ditch Medicare. They control the charges, even with insurance supplement.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If medicare is not profitable, kick them to the curb.

Reply to
Gimmee Freestuff

Yep, that is why they closed.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And your complaint is the Republican mantra.

Obamacare was insurance, like other insurance, where people pooled their losses. So your complaint is stupid. What a big surprise.

Do you buy insurance, home insurance, car insurance, health insurance? If so, you're not better than the ones who wanted Obamacare.

Reply to
micky

Welfarecrats have never read a history book. Welfare is not a sustainable business model. At some point taxpayers become tired of paying for other people's free stuff.

Reply to
Jack

For every person who gets "free" healthcare, another person (taxpayer) has to pay for it. There is no free lunch.

How loud would the welfare democrats scream if they had to pay a welfare tax and get nothing in return?

Reply to
A. Tax Payer

The same is the case for private insurance. If I pay, say, $10,000 in premiums in a year, but the insurance company pays out, say, $50,0000 in expenses (a hospital stay, for example), other people pay for that $40,000 that my premiums didn't cover.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

If you have car insurance, you pay a base rate. If you are a poor driver and have lots of speeding tickets, you pay base rate plus a stupid tax. If you are really bad and lots of accidents and speeding tickets, the insurance refuses to renew and then you drive your Cub Cadet to the store.

Unfortunately, obamacare can't refuse people who eat junk food, drink themselves into a stupor, smoke two packs a day, take street drugs and weigh +300 pounds...so taxpayers pay for the oinkers.

Reply to
A. Tax Payer

This is also a bad time to get sick with an ACA policy. You get hit with the $6,000 deductible andif you problem continues after the first of the year you start over again. Late in the year is is easy to get

12k in debt.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

There are literally hundreds of ACA policies available, which vary in both premium and deductable.

And would you rather be 12K in debt (with insurance using your example policy terms) or 250k in debt (without insurance)?

Facts First: It's true that some PP-ACA plans have deductibles over $7,000 for a single person and many family policies have even higher deductibles. But it's possible to get plans with lower deductibles, and more than half of Americans receive federal subsidies that reduce their burden when it comes to paying deductibles and out-of-pocket costs.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

The problem with the lower deductible is that the premiums are much higher, so again, unless you're sick with a long term illness that makes the math work, you're still screwed.

Reply to
trader_4

The deductibles _before_ the PP-ACA were $10k or higher -IF YOU COULD EVEN GET INSURANCE-, so the PP-ACA made things better than they were before, yes?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Depends on your circumstances. Some benefited, some got screwed.

What I've seen here is that people with a good job and benefits like health insurance are quick to criticize people that are doing OK but still struggling with healthcare costs.

It is so easy to do that when things are good. Years ago I was out of work between jobs, and my wife needed surgery. I paid what I could but got some much appreciated help and the hospital wrote off a portion of the bill after time too. What I see is that some people take pride in being an asshole.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Oh-Oh - now you are in trouble - actually using talking points that MAKE SENSE!!!!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

+1

Struggling or unable to get insurance because of a pre-existing condition or the pre-existing condition means premiums so high they can't afford it. Obamacare at least addressed that. Trump promised lower premiums, coverage for pre-existing conditions and no mandate, which is obviously impossible, another lie. But the trumpets believe Trump BS and that there are no Healthcare problems.

Reply to
trader_4

It doesn't matter what any politician says, there is no free or even affordable solution...someone has to pay.  No working person wants to voluntarily pay someone else's medical bills.

Maybe we should tax the welfare benefits of the people who want obamacare?

The closest we can come to cheaper healthcare is for adults to stop eating like spoiled children.

Reply to
O. Beese

Apparently there is. Other modern countries pay half of what America pays for Healthcare and yet have better coverage for most of the population.

No working person wants to voluntarily pay someone else's medical bills.

Like Ed keeps saying, there are many working Americans who can't afford their medical bills and many times that number that are one serious illness away not being able to pay. And part of the reason why costs are high is we are already paying for those who can't pay, but show up in the ER.

Most people on Obamacare are not on Welfare.

Got any facts yet?

Reply to
trader_4

Meet Robert Lustig, MD: