OT what is the demonstrators' objection (2023 Update)

With statements like that you're sounding way too liberal.

;-)

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Per Stormin Mormon:

Yeah, but every pundit I have heard so far agrees that the killing has to be done by Sunni Muslims.... not just any old Muslims, but *Sunni* Muslims.

Otherwise we will wind up in an Iraq situation where we've broken it, we own it, but we cannot govern it because we would be perceived as nothing more than mercenaries for the Shia.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

He has not been bombing ISIS. He let's our jets ammo up, take off, and then tells them not to drop their bombs, so they return having done not much of anything.

Reply to
taxed and spent

Oh bother. I've got to go buy some more dog food for Mom's dinner. I'm sounding liberal.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You're right. Given Obama's directive that there be zero collateral damage, concern for environmental impact, etc, the targets have been very limited. And a lot of the few sorties run, drop no bombs or just one at some camel jockey in the middle of nowhere. It's not Kosovo, Iraq, or Aghanistan style bombing, that's for sure.

Reply to
trader_4

Per taxed and spent:

What would your explanation be for stories like these:

(PeteCresswell)

Per Oren:

Aren't the two concepts non-mutually-exclusive ?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

trucks/article/2576958

746211.html

Let's look at the first one:

ISTANBUL -- Intensifying pressure on the Islamic State, United States warpl anes for the first time attacked hundreds of trucks on Monday that the extr emist group has been using to smuggle the crude oil it has been producing i n Syria, American officials said.

"According to an initial assessment, 116 trucks were destroyed in the attac k, which took place near Deir al-Zour, an area in eastern Syria that is con trolled by the Islamic State.

The airstrikes were carried out by four A-10 attack planes and two AC-130 g unships based in Turkey."

Given that Ira

Reply to
trader_4

trucks/article/2576958

746211.html

Let's look at the first one: ISTANBUL -- Intensifying pressure on the Islamic State, United States warpl anes for the first time attacked hundreds of trucks on Monday that the extr emist group has been using to smuggle the crude oil it has been producing i n Syria, American officials said.

According to an initial assessment, 116 trucks were destroyed in the attack , which took place near Deir al-Zour, an area in eastern Syria that is cont rolled by the Islamic State.

The airstrikes were carried out by four A-10 attack planes and two AC-130 g unships based in Turkey."

Given that ISIS has taken over half of Ira

Reply to
trader_4

trucks/article/2576958

746211.html

Let's look at the first one:

ISTANBUL -- Intensifying pressure on the Islamic State, United States warpl anes for the first time attacked hundreds of trucks on Monday that the extr emist group has been using to smuggle the crude oil it has been producing i n Syria, American officials said.

According to an initial assessment, 116 trucks were destroyed in the attack , which took place near Deir al-Zour, an area in eastern Syria that is cont rolled by the Islamic State.

The airstrikes were carried out by four A-10 attack planes and two AC-130 g unships based in Turkey."

Given that ISIS has taken over half of Iraq, has been expanding and getting stronger and bolder and that Obama has been bombing for 15 months now, what does that tell you? Oren is right. Obama's not bombing, he's playing footsie with ISIS. ISIS is selling $400mil a year in oil and ALL the oil targets should have been hit in the first few days. In the Iraq wars, we ran 1100 sorties a DAY. Obama? It's ~ 12 and even then, they usually c ome back with their bombs still onboard. It's how libs fight wars.

Why after 15 months of the only superpower in the world bombing, was there even any targets left for the French to hit?

Reply to
trader_4

Watched the news just now and they had some brief coverage of the demonstrators in Paris. I saw a big polar bear costume and signs that made it clear that at least those demonstrators are there demanding action on global warming. Which makes sense. If you have any big issue, not unusual to see people there demonstrating for whatever is going on, not necessarily against it.

Reply to
trader_4